EAL Teacher (Native English Speaker)
The role of the EAL Teacher is essentially to build and maintain a successful EAL Program prepare lesson plans and teach English to speakers of other languages. This includes teaching English grammar, writing, reading, speaking, and listening skills, including teaching pronunciation and vocabulary.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head of indeed to the Regional CEP so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third part services.
• Teaching English to non-native English speakers
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
• Classroom management
• Introduce cultural aspects to ESL students, especially those who are new to the English-speaking country
• Undertake administrative duties commensurate with this role
• Provide evaluation and documentation of student progress
• Working collaboratively with a team of learning Support Specialists to plan and build the curriculum
• Working closely with the class teachers to establish optimal support for students and assess their development and needs
• Coordinate parent meetings where appropriate to review a students’ progress
• Coordinate efforts with parents to assist the students
• To teach any classes as deemed necessary
• To provide any other reasonable duties delegated by the primary and secondary head teacher e.g breaktime duties and after school activities.
• Native English speaker
• Curriculum development knowledge is required
• Proficient in using computers
• Preferable qualified class room teacher with EAL qualification
Send your CV Here: