ESSENCEMEDIACOM | ASSOCIATE PLANNING DIRECTOR
3 best things about the job:
- Be a part of the largest marketing services group in the world and work with a diverse group of people across our network.
- Work on one of the most premium brands
- Hone media skills and knowledge across a spectrum of channels/platforms, including traditional and digital, through interacting with our team of specialists.
Measures of success:
In three months:
- A good understanding of the client’s business and develop a great working relationship with key client contacts.
- Demonstrate good collaboration with various divisions and teams across markets.
- Craft overall advertising media objectives from business plans upon competitive analysis, marketing data, key learning and insights.
- Good time management skill and able to follow through on process and delivery timelines.
In six months:
- Established strong team and client relationships, receive great feedback from co-workers and key client contacts.
- Become the first port-of-call on day-to-day dealings and a trusted advisor to the client by properly justifying recommendations, demonstrate strong timeline management and deliver agreed outcomes.
- Worked on campaign briefs with minimal supervision, providing strategic recommendations with strong insights and channel tactics.
In 12 months:
- Built up team capabilities to develop more innovative media solutions, going beyond traditionally planned media and starting to instill a yearning in clients to expand into the digital space and look at how campaigns can be driven by content, social media marketing, programmatic digital, mobile, search, etc.
- Ensured implementation of campaigns that help drive revenue growth.
- Delivered good campaigns with strong business results worthy of awards submissions.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and build relationships with clients, be a trusted advisor on account requirements.
- Responsible for overall campaign strategy, planning, implementation and post-campaign reviews for your set of brands.
- Set viable objectives and KPIs, and recommend/develop measurement methodology against all briefs.
- Ensure projects/campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies.
- Work with the team on competitive reporting and analysis.
- Propose and implement new planning approaches, ideas and product offerings.
- Support contractual discussions with key media vendors and trading commitments for the client.
- Keep a close ear to the ground on new opportunities to take to clients.
- Help guide and advise the wider team on best practices, innovation and work processes.
- Champion the growth and development of Agency services beyond media planning and buying.
- Work with internal specialist resources and group resources.
- Manage and develop your direct reports.
What you will need:
- Experience at least 10 years or more in media/marketing industry.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners and internal specialist resources.
- Competence in media planning and buying across all platforms with a good understanding and working knowledge of digital media.
- A demonstrated depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in client conversations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent English communication skills.
More about EssenceMediacom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people.
EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.