GROUPM | ACCOUNTING MANAGER
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring client invoices are issued accurately and on timely basis, funds are collected while maintaining positive customer relationship.
Furthermore, you will work with our business team to ensure the revenue recognition. The successful candidate will have a combination of billing, accounts receivable, business and supervisory experience as this position could lead to a broader role in our company.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Finance and Accounting Manager.
3 best things about the job:
1. Be part of the largest Media Agency group in Thailand
2. Working together with a professional team in a systemic accounting and finance department
3. Work with a collaborative team in a dynamic company
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- In pace with the GroupM’s value proposition and familiar with the company culture
- Able to ensure the client billing is managed with accuracy and punctuality
In six months:
- able to make comments and on the agency’s financial performance and involve in the daily operation of the business and hands on in the supporting functions
- able to ensure the completeness of revenue recognition
- able to improve the fund collection and minimise the aging debtors
In 12 months:
- able to advise the management team on the strategy and deployment of resources in order to facilitate the management of the business
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Responsible for billings and day-to-day accounting activities
- Supervise & provide guidance to subordinates
- Follow up with media team & external parties on cost reconciliation
- Support and assist month-end closing activities including recognition of revenue
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
What you’ll bring:
- Solid experience accounting experience with MNC environment
- Exposure in dealing with variety MNC & clients
- Familiar with SOX requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant disciplines
- Minimum 10 year relevant experience
- Experience managing a team
- Attention to details
- Work independently, mature and responsible
- Good leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Well versed in in Microsoft Office applications
More about GroupM
GroupM – GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
In a population of 69 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 120% with smart phone penetration at 50%. Digital spend has grown 38% year-on-year and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.