Head of Cloud Solutions
Our Cloud development services has been growing rapidly over the years at Seven Peaks Software and it has been trusted by many renowned corporations, startups and industry leaders locally, and abroad. We are a gold partner with Azure and Consulting Partner with AWS
To support our growth, and expanding teams, we are looking for a Head of Cloud Solutions with a passion for people development, process excellence and building the Cloud services as a business.
As the Head of Cloud Solutions, you will be in the driving seat to lead our teams to create remarkable solutions for our global clients.
The Head of Cloud Solutions takes ownership of the department’s strategy, performance, processes, and all aspects of managing the people in the department. As the leader of the Cloud Solutions department, the Head of Cloud Solutions will coordinate closely with other departments in Engineering as well as other internal departments on all matters relating to the development of the software products produced by Seven Peaks Software.
- Responsible for the development of the Cloud business strategy, methodology, discipline, and frameworks for efficient and quality delivery of Cloud technologies.
- Leading a department that focuses on building modern and scalable Cloud Solutions on platforms like AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Responsible for leading, directing and ultimately growing the Cloud Solutions department, ensuring the correct mix of knowledge and experience to deliver a market-leading service.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to Cloud Solutions development and operate as a primary point of contact for the Cloud Solutions department members.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise across all aspects of Cloud Solutions development
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and best practices.
- Perform training, and appraisal of all members of the Cloud Solutions department, providing clear direction for skills enhancement and career development.
- Responsible for a full employee life cycle, including but not limited to
- Hiring the right people into the department
- Make sure the new employees are onboarded into the department in a way that makes them feel instantly part of the team and at home in Seven Peaks
- Perform probation reviews and make appropriate decisions based on the probation review
- Make sure all employees have a development plan and that the plan is executed so all employees can see their career path
- Perform formal appraisals every year
- Have regular 1:1 with all employees to make sure employees feel seen and cared for
- Be responsible for building and nurturing a good culture and relationship in the department.
- Ensure that employees are optimally productive (billable hours) according to Engineering guidelines and company KPI’s
- Provide input for staff allocation to projects and engagements according to their skill level and interests
- Define the Cloud process and best practice tools for the department
- Is responsible for effective delivery and technical processes that make it as easy as possible to make excellent software
- Make sure to have the frameworks in place to ensure that the department can be grown quickly
- Have a high focus on productization and standardization to make sure the department constantly can be more effective in their daily development work.
- Focus on reusable components to expedite the delivery process.
- Help drive the implementation of AWS Well-Architected Framework and Azure Well-Architected Framework into the department
- Ensure the department complies with Seven Peaks data and security requirements
Work with other department leaders to:
- Ensure projects delivered are of the highest quality
- Ensure that the engineering teams adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of Engineering as defined
- Ensure that Seven Peaks Software deliver outstanding quality and efficiency in our products
- Contribute to companies sales and business development activities, and client meetings
- Lead the strategy for which Cloud services we should focus on selling in the market
- Contribute to marketing content/material for service promotion
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Cloud Solutions development, be a Thought Leader in the industry as a whole and drive engagement with the market via articles, events and meetups.
- Help to extend Seven Peaks partnership with Azure, AWS and GCP.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Extensive experience as a Cloud Architect or similar positions.
- Experience with pre-sales and building relationships with customers as a technical advisor.
- Experience working with some of the main Cloud providers as a partner is a plus.
- Experience in a managerial position leading teams.
- A deep interest in mentoring and developing people.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, Spoken and written.
- Able to work independently and deal with multiple stakeholders.
- Business mindset: We’re helping clients, and want to grow our own business.
- Professional services, software development agency and/or consulting business background, preferably in the international IT consulting companies is a bonus.
- Experience working with enterprise clients, and big scale custom software projects.
- 10(15) days annual paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working policy
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Provident fund
- Learning support
- Free Lunch every Tuesday & Thursday
- An office in the heart of Bangkok, connected with MRT Queen Sirikit station
- International work environment with over 20 different nationalities in the team
- Working with a wide and interesting portfolio of clients in SEA and globally
- Help with the international relocation, VISA and work permit process from start to finish
- Opportunity to visit events and conferences
- Standard perks such as free drinks and snacks in the office, team activities, trips and great parties