Lead Backend Engineer (Based in Bangkok - Relocation Provided)
About the job
Manatal is an HRTech software service (B2B SaaS) company headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand. Manatal is one of the fastest-growing start-ups in the region and is backed by Surge and Sequoia Capital. Manatal has a global presence and is trusted by thousands of businesses in over 130 countries.
Our goal is to transform the entire hiring process by making it simple, efficient and enjoyable for recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates alike. Our mission is to offer the best-in-class AI-powered technologies to empower small, medium and large businesses in their staffing & and recruitment transformation.
We’re looking for an outstanding software engineer (Python) to join our backend team.
As a lead backend software engineer, you will enjoy a high level of involvement and direct hands-on experience in the planning, design, and development of new and exciting features from inception to deployment.
The ideal candidate for this role is one who is passionate about building elegant and scalable software and combines superb communication skills and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively.
- Play an active role in shaping the vision and roadmap of the engineering team
- Plan and implement new features and enhancement of existing product features
- Review, merge, and deploy code submitted by other backend team members
- Be prepared to quickly and efficiently investigate, debug, and resolve unforeseen backend issues.
- Coordinate with the Frontend and Product management teams about the status and direction of ongoing projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field
- Ability to communicate and comprehend high-level spoken and written concepts in English
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Hands-on experience with Python
- Hands-on experience building scalable APIs
- Hands-on experience in writing automated unit tests
Soft skills Requirements:
- Possesses a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Open-minded, humble, self-managing, and a solid team player
- Consistent when mentoring or guiding team members
What You’ll Get
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS start-ups in the region
- A competitive salary and many new opportunities
- More responsibilities and recognition for the work you do
- The opportunity to be a part of a lively and international engineering team
- A pioneering mindset shaped by a challenging and innovative work environment
Our Tech Stack
Our engineering team leverages a variety of modern technologies. While working at Manatal, you can expect to be exposed to the following stack:
- Infrastructure: Heroku; Amazon Web Services; Kubernetes; GitOps (ArgoCD), Github Actions
- Backend: Language: Python; Web Frameworks: Python frameworks including Django, Flask, Fast API; Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Redis among others; Other: Celery, RabbitMQ among others.
You can expect in our hiring process some or all of the following rounds:
- Interview with HR Team (Duration: 30 minutes)
- Technical Online Screening Assessment (Duration: 45 minutes – online & asynchronous)
- Technical Interview with Engineering Team (30 minutes)
- Design & Architecture Assessment Interview with Engineering Team (Asynchronous preparation + 60 minutes presentation/QA)
Get to know more about us and our product:
Watch a product demo of Manatal product:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJAk71H-_s
How to Apply
If you are a fit for this role and are excited to join Manatal, please follow this link to apply: https://www.careers-page.com/manatal/job/X4XWY