Lead/Staff Software Engineer – Front End (Bangkok based – Relocation provided)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team
Agoda has several teams in front-end focusing on different aspects of our products including accommodations, flights, payments, marketing, post-booking services, and more. Agoda’s marketplace is the world. We build localized and optimized user experiences at scale on every major internet platform. These include our mobile websites, native apps, and desktop sites. We hire people from around the world who have a passion for using technology to create and implement the best user experiences. Our front-end teams work on building user interfaces and integrating them with our back–end services to provide a seamless user experience. Our products are always evolving and under experimentation; we accomplish this by having a modularized approach, automating everything we can and optimizing our continuous delivery processes. By embracing data-driven practices and measuring our results, we foster a culture of innovation and constant improvement in our work.
We are looking for technical leaders like you who are passionate about their craft, thrive in a collaborative environment, and are driven to deliver high-quality solutions with a strong sense of ownership to push the boundaries of technology. Join our team and be part of a company that values innovation, encourages professional growth, and fosters a supportive and inclusive work culture.
Lead / Staff engineer is the key role in our technology organization working together with individual contributors and senior leadership. Our lead engineers are heavily involved in the hiring and mentoring process and are the go-to people who design and implement new systems and components. We are looking for people who are passionate to take on more responsibility and driving major architectural changes in Agoda. It’s expected from you in this role as Lead / Staff engineer to push Agoda forward technically by adopting new technologies and setting higher standards.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Maintain ownership and responsibility of mission critical systems.
- Be hands on – build high volume platforms using cutting-edge technologies like React, C# and Kotlin
- Mentor and coach other software engineers
- Be a major contributor to our agile and scrum practices and perform code reviews on the systems your teams own
- Design and lead crucial technical projects and initiatives cross teams and departments
- Stay on the leading edge of technical know-how, industry trends and drive technical
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Overall 5+ years of experience in front-end development. At least 3+ years of experience in developing web applications in client-side frameworks such as React, Angular, VueJS, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science or quantitative field; M.S. optional
- Working experience with agile, analytics, A/B testing, GIT Flow
- Excellent HTML/CSS skills – you understand not only how to build the data, but how to make it look great too
- 3+ years’ experience developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using one of the backend languages/frameworks such as .NET, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Rust, NodeJS, Go or Python
- Experience in all aspects of client-side performance optimization
- Ability to guide the team on best frontend practices
- Experience mentoring junior engineers to help them unleash their full potential
- Great communication and coordination skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You have a good command of the English language
It’s Great if you have:
- Knowledge in physical architecture at scale, building resilient, no single point of failures, highly available solutions
- Strong experience in all aspects of client-side performance optimization
- Proficiency in modern coding and design practices. For example, Clean Code, SOLID principals, and TDD
- Working Experience with Containers and Dockerization, also K8S is a plus
- Experience working on an app or internet company that is at scale with large numbers of users and transactions per second
- Experience working in a data driven company with experience analyzing and working with Big Data
- Experience leading teams and greenfield projects solving large system problems
- Experience working on global projects serving world markets with distributed data centers and localization of the front end and data