PE Teacher with Swimming Specialism
- Proven experience in teaching PE and swim lessons
- Excellent English communication
- Strong understanding of child development
Position: PE Teacher with Swimming Specialism
Reports to: Director of Sports
Roles and Responsibilities:
Curriculum Swim Lessons
- Plan and deliver engaging and age-appropriate swim lessons for students aged 3 to 11 years old, adhering to established curriculum guidelines.
- Assess students’ progress, complete formal school reports, provide constructive feedback, and adapt teaching methods to suit individual needs.
- Create comprehensive lesson plans and keep detailed records of students’ achievements, challenges, and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with class teachers and parents to ensure effective communication regarding students’ swim performance, addressing concerns, and celebrating achievements.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of a comprehensive Learn-to-Swim programme that spans from Nursery to Year 6.
- Assist in designing progressive lesson structures that align with the department’s goals and cater to varying skill levels and ages.
- Participate in regular weekly meetings to share ideas, discuss curriculum enhancements, and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the swim department.
- A specialism in EYFS and Key Stage 1 age groups (age 2-6) would be preferable.
- Cover swim lessons in the instance of staff absence.
Swim Squad Coaching
- Lead and facilitate performance-focussed swim coaching for squads, working with advanced swimmers to enhance their technique, speed, and competitive readiness.
- Plan and implement training regimes that optimise swimmers’ potential, ensuring a balanced approach to skill and endurance development.
- Prepare swimmers for competitive swim meets, guiding them through practice sessions, mental conditioning, and race strategies.
- Attend swim meets as a coach, provide support to swimmers during competitions, and assess their performance to refine coaching strategies.
- A specialism in coaching younger swimmmers would be preferable (age 4-7).
- Cover swim squad sessions in the instance of staff absence.
- Certification in swim teaching and coaching is advantage.
- Proven experience in teaching swim lessons to various age groups.
- Strong understanding of child development and effective teaching methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills for liaising with students, parents, and fellow staff members.
- Dedication to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Ability to inspire and motivate young swimmers to excel and embrace challenges.
Safeguarding and Legal
Please note the College’s positions are subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Wellington College International Bangkok is also committed to equality and diversity. Candidates should be aware that all posts in the College involve a degree of responsibility for safeguarding students.